Thursday, June 19, 2008

Topkapi Palace and the Spice Bazaar

On our third and last day in Istanbul, we visited Topkapi Palace and the Spice Bazaar. We went to Spice Bazaar first.

The Spice Bazaar was much smaller than I expected, but it was still one of my favorite things that we saw there. There were lots of different kinds of spices being sold, as you'd expect, and there was also a lot of Turkish Delight, which, I must say, is delightful.
Here are some pictures from the bazaar:





After the Spice Bazaar, we went to Topkapi Palace which was very impressive, but also very crowded with tourists. After about 30 minutes there, being pushed and elbowed by other tourists, I had a severe case of 'museum fatigue' so R. and I went and sat down for awhile and partook of some of the Turkish Delight we had bought earlier in the day. I didn't really take any pictures while there, which I blame on the amount of people. Still, I'm glad I saw it and it's definitely worth going to.

In the afternoon, R. and I went to the airport and caught our plane back to Skopje. All in all, it was a great trip, and I'm looking forward to moving to Turkey next year.

No comments: