Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pantelejmon

Sveti (Saint) Pantelejmon is another monastery. Apparently, Sveti Pantelejmon is the saint of health. The monastery is located near Skopje, on Vodno, which is the mountain where the giant cross is located. I went there when my mom was visiting and also when A. came to visit. I took this picture when my mom was here in December.
Inside the monastery, the walls are covered in old Byzantine frescoes, but I don't have any pictures of them because you're not allowed to take pictures inside the church.

It was pretty cold and had been snowing, so the whole area up on Vodno was covered in snow and frost, which was a bit surreal-looking.



When the weather is clear, I think you can see all of Skopje from Vodno, but the two times I've been up there it's been cloudy, so all I could see when I looked down were the clouds and the tops of the other mountains.

1 comment:

Gerald (SK14) said...

Good to see you back posting again.