Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Where I work










As I've mentioned before, I work in a university in Tetovo, which is about 45 minutes from Skopje. There doesn't seem to be much going on in the town, but it's surrounded by mountains, which are very pretty. Also, whoever designed the university really went in for bright colors, as you can see from the pictures. The buildings come in 3 colors: white, blue, and yellow. The colors mean different things, but I can't remember right now what each stands for.

Here's another picture:















In this one, you can see the mountains in the background. It was a little cloudy that day, so they're not as impressive as they usually look. Also, if you look closely, you can see two of my colleagues, J. and B.





1 comment:

Zanmei said...

Thanks for this post... It's great to see where you work. I wish there were mountains where I am working. But the building is OK - a big white university building - not beautiful, but ordinary... HOWEVER, the admin building is another story. They have had a local architect expand the admin building to include an auditorium. OMG - I have never seen anything that looked as much like a gaudy K-mart wannabe... You have reminded me to post pics (which I will try to do tomorrow).